OSG - The Tax Advantage [HOME]

Sales & Use Tax  Tips                                       Print This Page 

How do I obtain sales-tax-exemption forms for other states’ businesses that are out-of-state-shipping vendors?

Some states don’t post all forms on the Web, but they usually provide contact information that you can use to get the forms.

You can also use the Multi-State Tax Commission’s (MTC) “Uniform Sales & Use Tax Certificate,” which is accepted by 32 or so states. Make sure you read the instructions, because some states will use the MTC certificate for resale but not for other exemptions.

 [ Close Window ]